Thursday, July 22, 2010

Beautiful Monster

Love here
<3

I heard this song on the radio the other day and kind of liked it. Well at least I thought I did.




I guess I liked it because I have been called this more than once. Yup. I mean being called beautiful is sweet. At times I laugh when I hear it because its my middle name, and I feel like people are playing a trick on me. I had to get over that though. I thought this song was sweet because he was saying he needs her, blah blah blah. As I listened to the song, I actually realized I DO NOT LIKE IT. And I DO NOT think "beautiful MONSTER " is something you should call a female.

What??? Monster??? According to Wikipedia, a monster is "any fictional or hideous creature, usually in legend or horror fiction. The word connotes something wrong or evil, a monster is generally morally objectionable, physically psychologically hideous, and or a freak of nature". Did you read that. A freak of nature, and something wrong or evil. SO just because you slap the word "beautiful" on the front of it, it makes it okay to call a female a monster? Im catching undertones that she (the female) is an object to him, and psychologically not all there, so he has to show her the way. Definately dont like it. Im tired of hearing songs where it sounds like the male really likes the female, and "needs her", but if you really pay attention he's talking down to her.

Honestly no matter what "flattering" adjective you put in front of monster, it doesn't water down the meaning. The thing about a monster is everyone wants to see it, be in its presences, but nobody truly ever wants to deal with a monster. Everybody is scared of a monster. Thats why its a monster. If you got along with it or could relate to it, it would be your friend. Not a monster.

So what happens when you cant deal with that monster anymore? When you realize that monster has the capability to rip you to shreds. Kinda like that white syberian tiger that chewed on that guys head...How come there arent any songs about that?

Just something to think about.

Luego
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment